22 June 2011

Garage Sale finds

If you are like me and thoroughly enjoy finding neat old stuff cheap you will totally get why I think my husband is a 'spoil sport' to say no more!  (he really doesn't mean absolutely no more I don't think.  I mean, really, there is a cool yearly garage sale just up the street that starts tomorrow.  he doesn't really expect me to not go, now does he??Surely not.)

 This $2 box contained a treasure trove of goodies. 
 The best thing being this vintage stapler.  Now won't that look cute on my desk?  Only problem is Little Sister pounced on it the moment she saw it and proclaimed it 'hers'.  When it goes missing I can find it upstairs in her room amongst all her art stuff:)
 I got a ton of neat old games.  You can use these for so many fun projects:)  Birthday cards, gift tags, etc.  25 cents for this deck.
 All those vintage bingo cards you can get on Etsy for several dollars for 6 or so cards?  i got the whole game for 25 cents! 
 All these old playing cards for $1.
 Aren't they beautiful?

 Middle sister wanted the chess pieces.  I haven't seen them since we go home with them.
 Middle Sister also wanted this old book.  For 50 cents why not?!
Little Sister wanted Chatter the telephone.  She even took it to town with her when we went grocery shopping that evening:)
 Nativity people.  I thought they were rather unique.  Never mind how many nativities I already have.  Don't remind me!
Fun fun.  Really.  How can I stop???


Labels: , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Createliveblog said...

This is why I love garage sale season! Let the games begin! Thanks for posting - you've inspired me to check out the local garage sales in my area!

-Carly
www.createliveblog.com

June 22, 2011 at 3:07 PM  
Blogger Mrs. K said...

We'll see if this lets me go through, it hasn't been letting me comment on your blog. That first set of playing cards is adorable and I'm trying not to covet your chess pieces. My trouble is I'm never willing to buy a box of stuff because I hate throwing stuff away but I don't want it in my house either. You have an eye for "stuff"!

June 22, 2011 at 10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Thank you for all the 'Fine' Comments! I enjoy them all!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home