26 June 2010

More Garage Sale finds

Not much gets me out of bed early enough on a Saturday morning to go somewhere at 8:00.  Or any morning for that matter!!!  But when there is a garage sale listed that has fabric and sewing notions and it's just across town - well you can bet I'll be there:)
I was a little after 8, maybe 15 minutes or so, but don't ya know a sweet friend of mine was there ahead of me and grabbed some fun stuff for me as others were snatching things right and left!!  I ended up with a large bag of goodies to take home:)

Love the packaging on this elastic - it's the old bendable metal.
Fun red buttons
Red white and blue:)
I just love the cards these buttons are on.  Gotta come up with a cute way to use these.
puffy satin letters
Large wooden buttons  fun fun!!
old tools used to put in grommets and snaps, jar of grommets and some iron-on dots.
Iron-ons.  My girls want some shirts with these on them.  Can you see how the eyes move when you move the object?  How vintage!
Bright, vintage fabric
More iron-ons.  Girls want these too:)
vintage lace seam binding. This is the best to fancy up a gift
lots of leaves, florist stems and tape.  girls took off with the ribbon and I haven't seen it since.
Some of the stuff that came out of the bag of leftover scraps from making clothes for plays/pageants.  The Sisters took off with all of that too.  I now see small pieces everywhere.  Must get the sweeper out soon.
Big Sister decorated the living room like this.  They were having a party.  She somehow forgot though, that when the party is over you have to clean up.  Guess what the sisters will be doing tomorrow afternoon??
Little Sister wanted her picture taken.  And since I think she is a cutie I obliged her.
And just a sneak peek of what else was going on around here today.  More to come when I can post pics from beginning to end:)

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like you had fun! Some of that "vintage" looks very familiar! By the way, HOW did you get upstairs?! Luv, MOM

June 27, 2010 at 9:50 AM  
Blogger Mrs. K said...

You climbed up those to put your girls to bed??? Please tell me T put something temporary up (ladder?) otherwise you're my new hero! Fun finds!

June 27, 2010 at 3:04 PM  
Blogger Sew a Fine Seam said...

T put the little girls up but Emma and I did climb up:)
T then stayed up LATE getting the stair treads laid back on. They are not fastened yet and the face boards are not on, and the bottom step before the lower landing is missing, but at least we can get up and down a little easier:) I'm sure he will get them finished sometime this week. And then we will tear out the lower 4 steps and redo them!!! Alway something going on at the Flory household!

June 27, 2010 at 4:26 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hey! At Smith's they have tons [i mean 3 or 4 boxes FULL] of buttons of all shapes sizes and colors and lace just like you have here and are 10 cents a sheet. :) I stocked up on Saturday!

June 27, 2010 at 9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Thank you for all the 'Fine' Comments! I enjoy them all!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home