19 August 2008

Pattern Making Day

Today I worked on drafting a dress pattern! I got the bodice and sleeve done and need to do the skirt. Then it will be time to make a muslin and fit it! It is so draining to do this kind of work. My brain feels totally worn out!
I went outside this evening and watered everything then weeded. We have a few strawberry plants along the side of the house and the weeds were really taking over so I got all that taken care of. Some good physical work like that feels good after exercising my brain all day.
Just a shot I took of what my dress form looks like right now. She is needing some new decor I think! I stuck the ribbon spools on her right after I brought them home sort of just as a spot to put them. Haven't got back to her yet! Fall is fast approaching, it will soon be time to 'fluff' the house again.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

Hi Jill.
I'll have to say you inspired me. I've been thinking of blogging for a little while now....coming across your blog convinced me I could try! Now I need advice on how to make the silly page look like I want it!
I love to see the pics of your life....since I don't see you very often!

Have a good eve!
Rachel B.

August 20, 2008 at 8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Thank you for all the 'Fine' Comments! I enjoy them all!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home