11 March 2012

The Rest of My Retail Therepy

Crewcuts (by j.crew)  marked down to $4.97.  With an additional 40% off.
Middle Sister wore this to church today with the ruffled skirt from the previous post.  With black leggings and her UGGs.  She looked adorable :)

t-shirt for both girls to share.  Little Sister wore it yesterday with a long sleeved shirt under it.
Wondering what those flowers are gonna look like after it goes through the laundry.  Maybe I will remember to hang it to dry instead of putting it through the dryer.  That would help.  A little touch-up with the iron will put it to rights too I'm sure.

t-shirt for me.  (all the clothing came from j.crew and was on the 'additional 40% off rack' :):):)

2 more t-shirts for me.  I wore one this afternoon on our hike.  So very comfy.  I'm happy.  Wishing they would have had more colors.
scarf for me.  my color - my price - happy me!!!

cowhide rug from IKEA.  This thing is HUGE!  And so cool. 
It's for my brother-in-law.  House-warming/anniversary/birthday/ gift.
Can't wait to give it to him.  I'm pretty sure he doesn't read here but if he does guess he won't be surprised!

More 79 cent bowls from IKEA.  I was too impatient to wait till they were through the dishwasher to take a pic.

Cups for the little girls.  Same impatient story as above.

The bird art is a placemat.  Set of 4 from IKEA.  $2.99
I will be using a couple of these at our upcoming garage sale to put the tags on as they come off the clothing.  Thought it was time to replace the old Thomas the Tank Engine ones for something fun and a little more my style :)

And my one and only purchase of the day that was not really necessary or needed.
I've looked at these different places for years and I really like them.  Not sure why I just do.
The Teenager thinks they are creepy.  Middle Sister thinks it's cool and tried to talk me into giving it to her.  For now I'm keeping him.  I think he looks cute in my sewing room.  Might add a scarf or something just for fun.

And that was it for this time!  It was a very fun day - I saw lots of things I would have liked to buy.  But I was on a rather strict budget since I was buying the cowhide rug.  I went planning to get that so I didn't buy the boots, shoes, dresses, sweaters, jewelry, etc. that I was very tempted to buy.
I need to get some sewing done so I have some cash to go back!!

Have you bought anything fun lately??


Labels: , , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger alee said...

Hey! I want to fund your next shopping trip :) {in other words I have some spring/summer sewing for Miss Grace that I would love for you & your talented hands to do!}What does your schedule look like?

March 11, 2012 at 10:21 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Joy said...

I have one of those artist figures too. My son loves to pose it in odd ways--conducting an orchestra, bowing, leading my artist's pig figure, performing ballet, jumping. Too much fun.

March 12, 2012 at 5:38 AM  
Blogger deborah said...

Your brother-in-law does read here sometimes!! :) He may be too busy this week. I want to go to Ikea and I want some of those 79 cent bowls!! Love your ruffled t-shirt and the placemats. Looks like so much fun!

March 12, 2012 at 11:56 AM  
Blogger deborah said...

I am betting my son would love posing the figure also!

March 12, 2012 at 11:57 AM  
Blogger Sew a Fine Seam said...

wish i had known you want some bowls i'd have got you some. next time you come out lets make IKEA a must-shop stop!

March 12, 2012 at 12:55 PM  
Blogger pam {simple details} said...

What a fun trip, I could play in Ikea for hours! Great finds! Love the cute girly items, since I have a boy!

March 13, 2012 at 10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Thank you for all the 'Fine' Comments! I enjoy them all!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home