26 February 2012

Getting Better

I would say I am feeling better than I was but I am not completely over this illness.  I'd say I'm about to this point...


I went to the After Hours clinic this morning.  Praise God there are doctors, nurses, etc. willing to work on weekends for those of us who become too miserable to wait till Monday when we could see our own Dr. (Especially on Sundays)  Little Sister went with me since I felt like her cough was awful sounding enough I didn't want her going to church.  She proceeded to blow - and blow and blow and blow - her nose while we were sitting in the waiting room.  I'm sure everyone else thought I should be having her seen too.  She saw the Doc on Thurs. but the medication hasn't really helped her.  She was a good little trooper though, stayed very quiet and calm while we waited and then when we saw the Doc.  Actually I think it was the Nurse Practitioner.  Either way, I got meds and was out of there in 1/2 an hour.  Getting there 15 minutes before they open and being the second one to sign in will get you in and out faster than having an appointment.  We went to Meijer, got my meds, and a few other things while we waited for it to be filled, then picked up mac-n-cheese and potatoes and gravy for Little Sister at KFC.  She wanted to go eat at 'The Duck Park'.  But we were in the wrong town.  So we came home.  Then she watched a movie and I took a nap.  The worst thing now is, when I'm not laying down I soon get an upset stomach:(  Hoping that goes away soon too. 
Summer I cannot wait for your arrival.  34 more days till April.
And now, I've used up all my 'sitting-up-time'.  Back to my pillow and blankie.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

Hope you get well soon! It's no fun to be down for the count. I am so anxious for consistently warm weather and sunny skies. Oh wait- we're in Ohio- home of gloomy gray ones! Get your rest and let your bug run its course. ;-)

February 26, 2012 at 11:15 PM  
Blogger Colista said...

Feel better soon! If you got antibiotics, is that maybe what is upsetting your stomach? Good to take them with food.... You prob know that and you prob know what is causing the nausea, but thought I would mention it.
I am excited for April! Whoot!

February 26, 2012 at 11:43 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I agree with Colista... could it be the meds? I had antibiotics once that affected me that way. It was a listed side effect :( Switched kinds and had no problems. Hope you're feeling better soon!

February 27, 2012 at 6:24 AM  
Blogger Sew a Fine Seam said...

Travis suggested that too. And I know that is a side affect of this med - I've taken it before! But since I was dealing with this all day Sat. before I even went to the Dr. I don't think it's that. Just my too packed full head I guess.

February 27, 2012 at 7:52 AM  
Blogger Decor To Adore said...

Oh I do hope you feel better soon. I spent 5 hours at the ER on Sat. The Fashionista had an asthma attack. Blah.

February 27, 2012 at 10:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you were a little girl you often had upset stomach with strep and cold symptoms. It must be the way it affects you. Thanking God for docs and meds and HIS Healing Power. Love ya! Mother

February 27, 2012 at 10:42 AM  
Blogger Sew a Fine Seam said...

I think I have a weak stomach:(

February 27, 2012 at 4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Thank you for all the 'Fine' Comments! I enjoy them all!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home