06 October 2011

Couture Snippets


Have you ever bought clothing items that had to have tons of loose threads snipped off before they looked wear worthy?  To me, trimming threads as I go is a no-brainer.  I've just always done it.  (that I can remember anyway.  No asking my Mom if that's really true!)  But I have had people ask me to finish something they have started and never finished and I know that not everyone just always snips threads as they go!!  It makes a MUCH neater, tidier finished product when your thread cutting has taken place all along the way.  If you don't practice this I suggest you start!  It just adds a great tough of professionalism to your finished project when there are not little threads hanging on here and there.
And just in keeping with the picture I added to this post, my husband always says - 'measure twice, cut once.'  This can apply to sewing as well as woodworking:)
Happy Thursday, enjoy the wonderful weather!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger laura said...

Oh, I totally agree! I'm VERY particular about snipping my threads right away! Makes all the difference in the world :)

October 6, 2011 at 7:38 PM  
Blogger deborah said...

I like to snip my threads as I go, too, but you might find a stray one that escaped here and there. I am not up to your level of professionalism! :) By the way, don't know if I ever said this, but I love your header.

October 6, 2011 at 10:04 PM  
Blogger Katherines Corner said...

xo and Happy Weekend!

October 7, 2011 at 8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Thank you for all the 'Fine' Comments! I enjoy them all!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home