08 December 2009

Caramel Apple Dip

Need a simple but absolutely delicious caramel dip for the holidays?  This one is the easiest ever!!!:)

Take an unopened can of sweetened condensed milk; take the label off.  (use more than 1 can depending on how much dip you want:)

Place can(s) in a large pan and cover cans with water.  Place pan on burner, turn burner on high, bring to a boil and boil for 2 to 3 hours.  You will have to add water every so often to keep the cans covered with water. 

I did these cans for 3 hours.  I've done it since and only boiled them for 2 1/2 hours.  I'm going to go 2 hours next time.  The sweetened condensed milk turns to caramel; the longer you boil the more set the caramel is.  Depends on how solid you want it.

Voila!  Yummy!

4 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. K said...

Yum! I am going to have to try that. I have a few cans of fat free sweetened condensed milk. How sweet would that be if it worked with the FF? Pun intended :o)

December 9, 2009 at 1:46 PM  
Blogger El said...

That might be the coolest thing I've ever seen. It's like magic!

December 9, 2009 at 8:33 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love easy, and I love yummy...so this is perfect for me!!! Thanks for sharing!

:) T

December 9, 2009 at 10:07 PM  
Anonymous Janice said...

Okay, now that's a new one on me! I'm definitely going to have to try that!!!!

December 11, 2009 at 12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Thank you for all the 'Fine' Comments! I enjoy them all!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home