12 January 2012

Getting myself back

To those of you who have things here on my to-do pile:

(no this isn't really my to-do pile but it was the quickest pic I could snap of a fabric pile!)

I AM starting to feel like getting back at it.  I always think I will get back at it right after the holidays end.  And it ALWAYS takes me a couple weeks to even start thinking about it!
You see, I suffer from SAD.  or here.
It is a real disorder and not something made up.  Check it out for yourself if you don't believe me!
It is sort of like baby blues - at least the ones I had.  If you experienced baby blues you can understand in a way what I deal with every January.  If you never experienced baby blues or any other form of feeling down - PRAISE GOD!
The baby blues hit me hard with the Teenager.  I had no idea it was coming and had no idea how long it would last.  Thankfully it ran it's course in two weeks.  With Middle Sister and Little Sister I knew it would probably happen and I knew what to expect, and that it would most likely be over in 2 weeks.
I am realizing (finally) that I will deal with this every year after the holidays.  I can handle winter till then.  After the holidays end it hits me - no matter how sunny and no matter how temperate the winter clime.
Recognising this I must strive to plan accordingly.  No deadlines in January.  No planning on sewing till at least 2 weeks after my Sister goes home after Christmas (that's when the holidays end for me)
As of last night I felt the first stirrings of ambition and eagerness to 'get back at it'.  I've been functioning but only doing what HAD to be done and what I felt like doing.  A lot of sitting on the couch.  A lot of playing with my new laptop.  A lot of rethinking my blog -more on that to come as it unfolds.  And a lot of school.  Starting promptly at 8:30.  Teaching Little Sister to read.  Struggling to get The Teenager through math.  So I'm not just curled up in bed with the covers over my head(though that can be what I really want to do). 
Hurrah for the two week point!  I'll have my down days in the next 3 months  - I always do.  It's all part of SAD.  The best thing I could do for it would be to go to a warmer climate for at least a couple weeks during the winter. 
So now you know there is a real disorder behind my dislike of Winter.
It's real.  And I have to deal with it every year.  On an up note it is only 79 days till April!!!!!
My creativity is starting to come back - sporadic as it may be this time of year. 
 Along with it is Ambition.   GOD IS GOOD!

When thru the deep waters I call you to go
The river of sorrow will not overflow
For I will be with you your troubles to bless
And sanctify to you your deepest distress.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer Joy said...

Thank you for being human. I too have that dreaded SAD every winter. I love your blog!

January 12, 2012 at 1:50 PM  
Blogger deborah said...

Life isn't always easy, that's for sure and sometimes it's just downright unfair...

But God did not promise sun without rain, joy without sorrow, peace without pain...but sometimes I really, really don't like the bad parts.

January 12, 2012 at 8:35 PM  
Blogger Stacey Queen of Rants and Ramblings said...

Oh I totally understand that hate of winter... I have fibromyalgia and it brings on a flare up with every flake that flies... Very nice post...

January 13, 2012 at 2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Thank you for all the 'Fine' Comments! I enjoy them all!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home