26 January 2011

Scissors

 I think I missed posting a pic of these when I received them.  A wonderful friend gave them to me.  And if she hadn't already been a good friend she certainly would have been after a gift like this!  Scissors are my favorite symbol of sewing.  A vintage 'bust' is right up there close, but I really like my growing collection of scissors.
For Christmas I got these.  Best scissors I've had in a long time!  A seamstress is only as good as her tools:)

  Gingher.  My fav.

 10" long!  They can do some serious cutting let me tell you.  I've tried them out!
 They look rather gold-ish in the photo but they aren't.  They are silver.
Here they are beside the regular sized 8" scissors.  Love these things!!  Now I'm wanting the 12" pair.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Roxanne said...

I LOVE my Gingher scissors. My husband bought the 8" shears for my birthday. This after 35 years of less-than-sharp scissors.

I am in love.

January 27, 2011 at 6:29 PM  
Blogger Laurie SF said...

My Grandmother's scissors..

January 28, 2011 at 11:20 AM  
Blogger McMaster & Storm said...

trying them out, that is for sure--you cut yourself with em'! they are sharp!
love all of them!

cut away--
kara

January 30, 2011 at 11:36 AM  
Blogger Yesteryear Embroideries said...

Hi, just found your wonderful blog! I love collecting scissors as well, although I don't have that many. My most cherished ones are the ones that belonged to my grandmother. So loved visiting here! blessings,Kathleen

January 31, 2011 at 10:24 AM  
Blogger One Woman's Thoughts said...

My Mother had scissors just like these. They cut EVERYTHING and although she has passed away many years now I still think of her everytime I use them.

February 23, 2011 at 11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Thank you for all the 'Fine' Comments! I enjoy them all!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home