06 August 2010

Pesto...and Gnocchi

Fresh Basil - Pine Nuts - Parmesan
This was my second batch - thus the already messy blender.
fresh garlic
Pine Nuts
Shredded Parmesan
olive oil
sea salt - recipe didn't call for this but I have found that a dash of sea salt will liven up most anything!  Brings all the flavors together.  A must in any kitchen:)
Blend...
...and blend...
... till beautifully green and smooth:)
Gnocchi - potato and flour dumplings - an old Italian tradition.
Boil for 4 to 6 minutes!
Pesto on Gnocchi w/ a little Alfredo sauce too.  YUM YUM!!
Girls even liked it - minus the pesto of course!
Would have looked nicer on a 'real' plate but hey, my dishwasher was already pretty full so we pulled out the paper china!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

That looks yummy... I like to freeze my extra pesto to pull out later :)

August 6, 2010 at 9:41 AM  
Blogger Joni said...

That pesto looks awesome! Best pesto recipe ever...

Pizza Crust shaped into 15 mini pizzas...

1 tsp. pesto on top
1 slice garden tomato

Combine 1/4 cup fresh parmesan cheese and 1 cup mozzarella cheese and put on top of pizzas.

Bake 12 minutes at 425.

Ummm. We loved them. Obviously, you could do one large pizza... Enjoy your fresh pesto. I am going to have to do some basil next year!

August 6, 2010 at 10:57 AM  
Blogger Sew a Fine Seam said...

I did put 3 little jars of pesto in the freezer. I felt soooo Martha Stewartish:)

August 6, 2010 at 11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Thank you for all the 'Fine' Comments! I enjoy them all!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home