26 July 2010

Ideas please!!!

I found these 2 old window boxes at a garage sale this past weekend.  They are metal and have been painted with silver paint to stop the rust:(  While that would be a great idea if I wanted to use them outside as actual window boxes I'm not really digging the silver look.  The inside isn't as well painted but the outside is just too silver.  So... what should I do with them?  Sand them down good?  Paint them?  And where would YOU put them?  What would YOU put in them????  At least one anyway, 2 might be overkill but I think one could be really fun to use inside somewhere.  So tell me what ya think:)

5 Comments:

Blogger alee said...

How sweet...I have always thought they'd be fun to use in a kids room {actually anyroom would be fine :)} & put them under the window inside or at the bedside & use for books or whatever.you could even hang them staggered one the wall...{make sense??}
However you use them I,m sure they will be cute!

July 26, 2010 at 7:33 PM  
Blogger Sew a Fine Seam said...

hmmm. good idea! keep em comin! I love ideas:)

July 26, 2010 at 8:27 PM  
Blogger Arlene said...

Why not stand them up and use them to stack CD's?

July 27, 2010 at 12:38 AM  
Blogger Mrs. K said...

I agree with alee, I saw in a magazine one time people attached them to the end of bunk beds to use for books. They don't look very deep?

July 27, 2010 at 9:24 AM  
Blogger Arlene said...

Why not put them in the laundry room and use for tools...keys...kind of a catch all.

Or you could put candles in them and little Christmas lights and small plants and use it to decorate a window sill or side table.

July 28, 2010 at 12:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Thank you for all the 'Fine' Comments! I enjoy them all!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home