09 April 2009

Ah, the delicious aroma!

I love homemade bread. I love the wonderful smell of homemade bread baking. But in the 11 1/2 years I have been married I have VERY rarely made the stuff. For some reason it doesn't want to raise in this old house of ours and if it DOES raise it takes 3 times longer than it should. So I quit trying. I've had these quick hamburger buns when a friend made them and since I was wanting to make sandwiches for a food exchange I decided to give them a try. And they turned out! Properly! I am still amazed! I took the cut buns on the trays to my warm living room that is heated with a corn stove to let them raise. It worked, they are delicious! WOO-HOO!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

They look delish!

April 9, 2009 at 10:03 PM  
Anonymous Amber M. said...

Can't wait!!:_)

April 9, 2009 at 10:35 PM  
Blogger lisa said...

recipe,please!
wishing i was in this exchange....
Lisa

April 11, 2009 at 2:50 PM  
Blogger Sew a Fine Seam said...

Recipe is in the Far Above Rubies cookbook, 'Quick Hamburger Buns'.
So easy to make!
Jill

April 11, 2009 at 2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Thank you for all the 'Fine' Comments! I enjoy them all!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home