17 January 2012

{Coffee}

I have come to love my morning coffee.  Especially when I drink it in this wonderful new mug my brother gave me for Christmas:)  The mug is Cath Kidston.  And I highly recommend her line of products.
Click the link and check them out.  But beware!  You will want to buy something!  Probably more than one something.  But if you do cave and purchase something you won't be sorry about it:)  It is quality stuff.  And they are not paying me to say that either.  They don't even know my blog exists!


I used to put this in my coffee every morning.  It is yummy.  But then I discovered that it is not cream.  No dairy whatsoever.  It is oil.  Insert facemaking.  Yuck.  I was putting flavored oil in my coffee??  Not only that but my girls were using it too and they used more 'cream' than coffee!

So I started using real cream and sugar.  Because it's what I had on hand when my 'Italian Sweet Cream' was gone. (yes I used up the bottle I had)

When the heavy cream got all I started buying 1/2 and 1/2.  It's cheaper and really almost tastes better in coffee!  Of course I would never turn down heavy cream:)

Then one day I tried this.  Pure Maple Syrup.  Viola!!  Deliciousness!  I don't care for Maple Syrup as the main sweetener in most things.  If you want dessert it needs real sugar:)  But for coffee I like the maple syrup better than sugar.  It tastes better and it takes way less to sweeten it.  Plus it's supposed to be better for you than all that processed sugar.  But I'm not here to argue about using or not using sugar.  I use it.  It makes things taste good:)

And when I was searching for all these pics I put in this post I ran across this.  Supposedly it has only 4 ingredients in it and they are as follows:  nonfat milk, heavy cream, sugar and natural flavor.
I may just have to give this a try:) 

Do you drink coffee? 
How do you like yours?
Black?
White?
Sweet?

Labels: , , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

Jill, I am going to have to look for that last product! I am guilty of liking my coffee to have a "flavor," so I've been using "oils" too! I grew up using ½ and ½ and sugar, so I should just stay w/that. Aspartame, sugar.... What will REALLY kill me?! LOL

January 17, 2012 at 9:07 AM  
Blogger alee said...

I love coffee drinks :)& it has become even more of an addiction since I started "helping" at a coffee shop 1 day a wk.& we got a commercial espresso mach. for our house :(. I found a recipe on pinterest on how to make flavored creamer yourself- using real ingredients! Can't wait to try it! I think I either "liked" it or posted it to one of my boards if your interestd!

January 17, 2012 at 9:22 AM  
Blogger Cheezdoodle said...

I recently took the plunge and went to unsweetened coffee and iced tea. Now I am tapering off the creamer. I like Land O Lakes 1/2 and 1/2.

January 17, 2012 at 6:00 PM  
Anonymous scfinder said...

Love your post, thank you

January 18, 2012 at 3:10 AM  
Blogger Mrs. K said...

I do not like it, Sam I am. I do not like it black or white, I do not like it sweet or stright (straight but had to rhyme with white, lol).

Marti had some bluberry cobbler creamer a few years ago and that was delightful but even then I added more sugar on top of the sweetened creamer.

Don't try to cut more calories by using fat free half-and-half. It has high fructose corn syrup in it. I was using it in recipes for a long time before I looked at it. Like Sue said, I'll take the chance with real sugar...even if it is highly processed.

January 18, 2012 at 8:47 AM  
Blogger deborah said...

I like the sweet white coffee...I just need to learn the art of making it.

January 18, 2012 at 10:29 AM  
Blogger Sew a Fine Seam said...

Well, deborah, the first thing you need is a good coffee maker:) Instant just doesn't do it! I would suggest a BUNN.
And Jenni - we looked at the ingredients on that fat free stuff cause we were like 'What?! how can you have fat free half and half!!'

January 18, 2012 at 10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Thank you for all the 'Fine' Comments! I enjoy them all!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home