03 January 2012

Christmas ornaments

My blown glass ornaments are some of my favorite Christmas decor.
Most of these came from the days of McMaster and Storm's brick and mortar.
A couple were from earlier than that - back in the days of The Clay Pot.
I miss both shops.  And I miss adding to my collection of ornaments.
There are several spots on this tree that are filled with other ornaments just to fill it up.
This year I went 'shopping' for some more.  Then my sister asked if there was anything I wanted for Christmas.  So I sent her the list of a few I'd found that I knew would be a great addition to my collection.  And she got them for me!!!  Yay for sisters:)

Yule log.  If I had to pick a favorite from my new ones it just might be this one!

This swan is darling too.

Bold, Proud, and Haughty.

Saint Francis.  I thought him a beautiful addition.

Bambi.  Just because he's so cute.

And the Christmas cake I made that I said I'd post pics of. 
Chocolate Gingerbread Toffee Cake.
From the December issue of Southern Living.
I searched high and low for my own copy of this issue.
So happy it is now in my stash of Christmas magazines:)

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger deborah said...

Your ornaments look so pretty! Love!

January 3, 2012 at 9:17 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

There is nothing like vintage Christmas ornaments! Absolutely ♥ your St. Francis! Happy New Year wishes to you. ~ Sue

January 3, 2012 at 2:24 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Oh, I love that little wire tree! And the vintage ornaments are great!

I remember the Clay Pot! Being from KS (and prob a bit sheltered), I remember it being the first store of that kind that I had ever visited. I loved it! Makes me miss living so close to Nell Hills too...

January 5, 2012 at 8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Thank you for all the 'Fine' Comments! I enjoy them all!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home