15 February 2011

{Happy Birthday}

12 years ago today at 2:46 in the morning the most beautiful little girl I'd ever seen was born!  She had big bright blue eyes, lots of dark hair, weighed 6 pounds, 9 ounces, and was the softest, sweetest, most delightful little thing her mommy and daddy had ever dreamed of.  We named her Emma Kate.

 She has been photogenic from day one:)
 Her exhausted Daddy promptly fell asleep in the rocker the minute we were all settled in our private room.  Her exhausted Mommy suddenly didn't remember she was exhausted and called up 'Grandma' to see if she wanted to come see her birthday present!!  Thank you, Lord, for letting me have her 8 days early on her Grandma's birthday!  (Mom I couldn't find any pictures of you and Emma when she was tiny.  What's up with that??)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU TOO!!  SO GLAD 'BIG SISTER' SHARES YOUR DAY!

 Grandma-Great Emma Catherine and Baby Emma Kate.  I think Grandma was rather pleased that we used her name.
 Now tell me she wasn't the cutes thing.  Can't do it can you? 
Christmas '10.  Can't believe she's 12 now.  Amazing how fast time passes.  She is still cute, still fun, still my little girl, just growing up rapidly.  She likes music, pretending, reading, being with her friends, and bugging her sisters!  She is a big help around the house, has cool decor ideas, and makes me work hard on patience:)  She is witty, thoughtful, friendly, and a tad obnoxious.  A wonderful, God-given, precious daughter.
We love you Big Sister!!!



sorry for the poor quality of the pictures.  The baby pics had to be scanned - it was before the days of digital.  And the last one was on my crippled camera. Big Sis and Little Sis were 'fussing' over the camera one day.  Little Sis THREW it so Big Sis couldn't take it from her.  It was supposed to land on the couch.  It hit the floor.  Not good for it.  It hasn't recovered.  therefore I don't get great pics.  Moral of the story - don't let your kids play with your camera.  Maybe I'll let Big Sister buy me a new one for her birthday!!!!!

6 Comments:

Blogger deborah said...

She was (and is) so beautiful! I remember waiting anxiously for pictures to arrive in my mailbox! I was just telling my kids that and how we didn't have e-mail or text messaging! LOL!

February 15, 2011 at 2:10 PM  
Blogger laurellee said...

Hi Jill....:}
Didn't know our girls were so close in age...our Krislyn{2nd} just turned 12 on the 13th!! Oh they grow too fast:\
Blessings to you!!
LaurelLee S.

February 15, 2011 at 7:30 PM  
Blogger amber miller said...

Wow. She really was a very darling baby! Wow Jill. 8 days early and a teeny , beautiful baby girl.......

February 15, 2011 at 8:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The best birthday gift I've ever had!! Emma and I bonded from day one!! We still have good times together. Mother

February 16, 2011 at 2:28 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

beautiful baby... must say all that dark hair reminds me of Mia when she was born... !! wow 12... sounds big... blessings on you Emma, happy Birthday!

February 17, 2011 at 7:01 AM  
Blogger One Woman's Thoughts said...

Beautiful baby and lovely young lady.
Thanks for sharing happy moments with your family.

February 23, 2011 at 10:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Thank you for all the 'Fine' Comments! I enjoy them all!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home