22 February 2010

Birthday Party

We finally had cake and ice cream and presents for Big Sister's birthday on Saturday evening.  Cake was very much thrown together at the last minute.  I had no idea what I was going to do even when I started putting the icing on.  I'd bought life savers w/ the idea of putting the candles in them, but the original idea had been w/ cupcakes.  I decided a cake was easier so... this is what we ended up with.
Big Sister had left Thursday with her Grandpa and Grandma to spend a couple days in Holmes County.  They got back Saturday afternoon w/ yummy doughnuts and chocolate for everyone.  Emma immediately plopped her chocolate E on the cake.  Cute addition if I do say so myself!
The birthday girls:)  My Mom and Emma share a birthday.  It's always been special for them and they always spend at least a day together to celebrate:)
There she blows!!
And Big Sister cut the cake this year.  She is growing up! 
American Girl doll 'Lanie' from Grandma.  We gave her the accessories set for Lanie and the second book about Lanie.  Travis gave Mom a new meat thermometer since hers had broken at Christmas time while the guys were trying to get the meat done.  I will be making her a new dress in the near (i hope) future!!
Little Sister thought she was pretty neat too;)

Best Friends.  Big Sister is thrilled and has actually played w/ her American Girl dolls and accessories more now than when she was younger.  Go Big Sister - don't grow up too fast!  The day is coming that you will pack them away to wait for the day you give them to your little girl.  We love you lots, Emma, be good for Jesus!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Liv said...

Well if that's a thrown together cake I'd love to see one that you've spent much time on. It's cute.

February 22, 2010 at 10:40 PM  
Blogger Joni said...

Happy Birthday Emma (and Mom King.) From the girl who played with her Barbies well into sixth grade, I love that doll. Great cake, too! Looks delicious... I see the Indian brave is still living at your house. :)

February 23, 2010 at 7:33 AM  
Blogger deborah said...

love the pictures and Lanie!! I played dolls and Barbies for a looong time, too! I'm glad they aren't growing up too fast! The years fly as it is!!

February 23, 2010 at 9:13 AM  
Blogger McMaster & Storm said...

you know at 35, I'm still tempted to purchase an American Girl doll. I love looking at the catalog and even stepped inside their girlie store once. I had never seen so many little girls all in one place!

the cake is cute. happy birthday to Becky & Emma!!!
xoxo
k

February 23, 2010 at 1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Thank you for all the 'Fine' Comments! I enjoy them all!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home