21 December 2009

WITH THIS RING...



And what God has joined together let no one come between
Or try to put us under lovers building their dreams
The light that shines forever is now burning in our hearts
What God has joined together let no one ever part.
                                                                    (Paul Overstreet song)


I love the symbolism of the wedding band.  An unending circle, it represents how a married couples love for each other should be endless and it also reminds us that God's love for us IS endless.  Today, Travis and I finally have wedding bands, an outward symbol of our love and committment to each other.  Those of you who know us, will understand why we are just now wearing wedding bands after being married for over 12 years!  For those of you who don't know us but read my blog, I will explain briefly.  Until a year ago, we were part of a church denomination that did not allow jewelry of any kind, including wedding rings.  A year ago, when we made the decision to leave that denomination and follow where the Lord would lead us, I began talking about getting rings.  Travis was a bit surprised as I'd never really said anything about it before.  My response was 'why talk about it when I knew we couldn't have them?!'
When I explained, he understood.  I especially wanted one for him.  He travels for work occasionally and I just wanted the reminder to him that he is married!!  Not that I think he'd forget!!  I really wanted other women to know he was taken:)
I find it wonderful that Travis is willing to show everyone he is committed to me and our marriage. 
We looked at rings in September thinking we would get them for our anniversary.  The price of gold halted that plan.  I kept thinking 'maybe when our tax refund comes in."  Then last week I was chatting with a friend on facebook and she mentioned ordering their wedding bands for their upcoming wedding.  And voila!!!!  Overstocks.com saved us over half the price of the ones we looked at in the jewelry store:)  And we have our rings on for Christmas.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

They are beautiful!

December 22, 2009 at 8:52 AM  
Blogger betsy said...

beautiful! :) we ordered ours on overstock.com also! great for that kind of stuff! :)

December 22, 2009 at 7:30 PM  
Anonymous The Vintage Rabbit said...

How sweet Jill!!!
Now you need to share with us...which beautiful lady are you in the picture!!!...I have known you long enough...I need a face with a name!!! ;)


Merry Christmas to you and your family!!!

Joy~

December 23, 2009 at 11:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Thank you for all the 'Fine' Comments! I enjoy them all!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home