28 December 2009

{Little Sister}


She looks so sweet in this picture.  It's hard to believe, looking at that smile, that she is the same 'Little Sister' who threw a huge, screaming, crying, half hour long fit just this morning.  She got up before 8, which is quickly becoming her new normal.  When she didn't find Mommy in bed (as she usually does) she stood at the top of the stairs and screamed for me to come carry her down.  She knew where I was 'cause she had been down there w/ me at 4:30 when I went down to take care of my sick husband. 
She has been developing this big stubborn streak, insisting on her own way.  It's so easy to give in to what she wants just to shut her up!!  I've been trying not to do that, so this morning I stayed where I was (curled up on the way-to-short loveseat) and listened to her for over 1/2 an hour.  She was pretty worked up to say the least.  She finally gave in and came to me and we cuddled for awhile.

It made me think.  How many times do I do the same thing to my Heavenly Father??  How often do I want MY way, right now, when I say, what I say, how I say, why I say...
Not stopping to think that HE is my Father and HE is the one who knows best.  How often do I kick and scream and cry, wanting it MY way when it would be so much easier and more peaceful to come to HIM and let Him hold me, carry me, direct me?
We can learn much from our children as we strive to bring them up in HIS way.

4 Comments:

Blogger Decor To Adore said...

Ah yes, I had one of those. Stay strong.

December 29, 2009 at 8:14 AM  
Blogger Janean said...

Jill, there is a lesson to be learned by all of us...."my way or what?" LOL.

just popping in to say Happy New Year to Come and thank you for becoming a follower this year!

December 30, 2009 at 11:19 AM  
Blogger Jody said...

Have you been visiting my house lately?! This could have been written by me....
Happy new year!!!
Jody

December 30, 2009 at 9:28 PM  
Blogger McMaster & Storm said...

i'm making indian sounds with my hand over my mouth........your very own rowdy little indian. hee heeeeee
i think sweets help moms get through these rough spots.
love,
k

December 31, 2009 at 1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Thank you for all the 'Fine' Comments! I enjoy them all!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home