15 December 2008

The Reason for the Season.

I bought my Fontanini starter set about 7 years ago and I've never regretted the almost $200 price tag. The detail on these 7 1/2 inch figures is amazing. Absolutely beautiful. The wise men, drummer boy, donkey, and 2 shepherdesses were gifts over the years from my Mother. I still have several pieces I'd like to add someday, but there is always next year. (and if there isn't next year it won't matter anyway!)
One reason I picked this size was because the baby Jesus actually had clothes on instead of just a strip of cloth across him. Also I really like the way the baby comes out of the manger. The stuff the figures are made of isn't breakable so my children can handle it without Mom saying "don't break it!" When we first set it up it is hard to keep it all on the cupboard, someone is always playing with it.
The Shepherdess with the goose, 'Deborah' is a favorite. She has actually been in some display in my house since I got her for my birthday last may. Isn't she beautiful? I doubt she will get stored away in tissue when the others do, I just have to keep her where I can see her. That is 'Miriam' behind her with a sheep in her basket.
Three wise men and the drummer boy. I've loved the 'Little Drummer Boy' song ever since the high school students sang it at our school Christmas program when I was just a little girl.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Decor To Adore said...

What a beautiful set!

December 21, 2008 at 10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Thank you for all the 'Fine' Comments! I enjoy them all!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home