19 May 2010

Sewing project (from a couple months ago)

Several years ago I read in a magazine about using drop cloths to make things.  I think the project was porch curtains.  I'm still waiting on my opportunity to make porch curtains for MY porch.  So far we have not started our porch makeover yet!  We are still working INSIDE our house:)  But recently I have been using drop cloths to make things.  If you haven't seen the slipcovers I made for Kara go here to see them.  A couple (or 3 or 4) months ago a friend asked me if I could remake her laundry cart bags as they were getting very well worn.  So I took one of the bags, took it apart, used it for a pattern and made 2 new bags out of a dropcloth.  Add some grommets at the top(Travis has to put the large ones in for me - I don't have the umph to get them in) and voila!  New laundry cart bags!!  Hope they hold together well!


Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger alee said...

love drop cloths...except they do have a peculiar smell...
Your sewing talent amazes me...you should be thankful that you live where you do & I live where I do cause I'm fairly certain I'd keep you employed for quite a while :)

May 19, 2010 at 4:01 PM  
Blogger Jillayne said...

This is very odd - my blog is called "A Fine Seam" and my name is Jillayne.... what a starnge world! I love the idea of teh drop cloths too!

May 23, 2010 at 2:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Thank you for all the 'Fine' Comments! I enjoy them all!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home